Friday, March 19, 2010

Colour 3 Quad

Some new Maccies arrived today and of course I want to show you what I got =) I decided to split it into 2 postings so that they wouldn't be too long and heavy... lol
So let's begin with the Colour 3 Quad from the Spring Colour Forecast LE!

At first I decided to skip this quad because I have so much purples in my palette and it seemed to be very similar to the In the Gallery Quad from the Makeup Art LE last year which I own. Then... when I saw swatches I changed and wanted to have this, because the colours are unique... and it was sold out everywhere =( But I had the chance to order it from the U.S. and so I didn' hesitate, lol

Top row: Mink Pink, Bruised Plum
Bottom row: Black Tulip, Jungle Moon (I LOVE the names... did you ever buy something just because of it's name? lol)

Mink Pink (Veluxe) is a light yoghurt pink shade. The finish feels like matte but a little bit creamy. I never had an eyeshadow with this finish before.

Bruised Plum (Veluxe Pearl) is like a more pink toned version of shale.

Black Tulip (Frost) is like a mix between Satellite Dreams and Nocturnelle from the permanent line. I don't know why it's called Frost because it doesn't feel like a frost, more like a Veluxe Pearl.

Jungle Moon (matte) is a dark eggplant colour. It is much more pigmented than the darkest colour of the In the Gallery Quad.

So the quads have a new design... I love it, it looks more sophisticated, doesn't it? This is the Colour 3 Quad (left) compared to In the Gallery Quad (right) which has the old design

You see the colours are very different. Colour 3 is much more pigmented while In the Gallery is more on the pastel side.

(left to right) Mink Pink, Bruised Plum, Black Tulip, Jungle Moon

So if you have the chance.. go and grab this quad! =)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin